Basic Golf Swing Tips
Our focus will be on how to build a solid and consistent golf swing.
Golf Swing Body Balance
Swinging a club while standing on a foam log is a lot harder than swinging with your feet on the ground. Obviously, If you can keep in balance on the log, you can do it on the ground. This will change all kinds of things in your golf swing and will fix any other swing flaw once your golf swing is balance.
Certainly, body balance is a Yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates exercise that builds flexibility & strength, leaving you feeling centered and calm.
Golf Swing Body Synchronizing
Most amateur golfers find it difficult to get the most out of their body turn when hitting shots. Once your arms start moving independently from your body, it becomes hard to strike the ball consistently. Here’s a guide to help if you tend to suffer from this swing trait.
- Keep your hands grip on the golf club handle soft or “loose” but not so loose that you lose your club completely when you swing
- your club head forward to your ball and starting location When you lift for your back-swing. allow your club’s head to fall so that it can gather its momentum on your back-swing
- lastly, By doing this, your arms, hands and torso work together and give you an in-sync golf swing
For most professional golfer’s, the average time for the back swing is 0.82 seconds, with an additional 0.27 seconds to make the down swing to impact. That is an ideal ratio of 3:1.Also, most amateurs get into trouble with inconsistent changing tempo from swing to swing. You can increase your tempo speed by following these steps:
- Make sure to keep yourself relaxed.
- Grip the club firmly, but keep your wrists loose.
- Perform a slow takeaway.
- Pull your club far back as possible.
- Start your downswing at the same pace as your back-swing
However, the swing is not vertical, neither is it horizontal or flat. That is to say, It follows a tilted circle. When you swing along that path, you get more consistent results in your swing.
Above all, practice they say makes perfect. Now that you have a solid swing, start practicing. While practicing, remove anxiety and tension because these are the enemies of the golf swing and with that, in no time your swing will become perfect.
Instead of repeating the same techniques that have your performance plateauing, try these new strategies.
Need more help with your golf swing? i’ll recommend you get a copy of these materials and up your game today!
- Tom Watson Lessons of a Lifetime
- Golf Magazine Top 100 Teachers: More Power