The Best Golf Rangefinders
One of the most fun and useful innovations in golf has been the golf rangefinders. Golf rangefinders are devices that measures the distance of a target from the observer. Golfers use rangefinders to have a clear idea about the distances of the target (generally flag). However, Like any other gadget, there are a variety of rangefinders to choose from. But when choosing a golf rangefinders, there are seven (7) things to consider before making your choice.
- Battery Life
- Ease of Use
- Water Proof
- Slope Measurement Capabilities
Best Golf Rangefinders
Apart from it’s extreme durability, the Bushnell Pro X2 golf rangefinders features a Class 1 laser and Dual Display technology. meaning users can check their range using either a black or red display to accommodate weather conditions. The Pro X2 ‘s function with JOLT technology which will vibrate in the user’s hand when it locks it’s target.
- It has a vibration mode to give you confidence that you’ve hit the flag and not a different object. in addition,
- Has 6X magnification and up to 450-yard distance to a flag.
- Also with a dual display technology
- They are Expensive
The Leupold Gx-4ia2 Rangefinder features a bright OLED display and also a Digital Enhancement Accuracy for faster measurements. In addition, they are totally weatherproof and has multi-coated lenses for improved clarity. It comes also with a built-in pin hunter to help you spot the flag from far away.
- Totally weatherproof and has multi-coated lenses for improved clarity. in addition,
- They Have an OLED display and Digital Enhancement Accuracy
- Also Permitted for use in tournaments under USGA rules
- they are Expensive
The NX7 laser rangefinder is a newcomer to the market and has a variety of features like an excellent accuracy. In addition, it is lightweight, feels comfortable when using, good batter life, and able to lock onto the intended target.
- Has an excellent batter life.
- They are Water resistant and also Shock resistant
- And likewise, comes with a 2 year warranty
Being one of the most popular golf rangefinders, TecTecTec likewise has created an amazing product which is very reliable. In addition, they are very affordably, sleek, and water resistant.
- Measures up to 540 yards with continuous scan mode.
- They are lightweight, portable and also,
- Water resistant.
- They also comes with a 2 year warranty
- Not quite as accurate as Bushnell and Leupold models.
The Nikon Coolshot Golf Rangefinders is yet another great option. Similarly, this product provides incredibly fast and accurate distance measurements for every shot you’ll encounter on the golf course.
- provide an 8-second continuous measurement scanning with just one click. also,
- They are lightweight and portable
- They comes also with a one year warranty.
- They are not as durable as the other models
The Golf Buddy LR7S is a solid companion for golfers who want accuracy, but on a budget. it is water-resistant, comfortable to use and also cost efficient.
- lightweight and also portable
- it is water-resistant and also comfortable to use
- Cost-effective and also very compact
- the device shuts off automatically after ten seconds when not in use
- They are slightly slower than higher-end models
The Garmin Approach Z80 rangefinder ranks high among golf rangefinders. It comes with a 2D overlay of the hole and each shot. So with the Z80, you can visually see more than any other rangefinder on this list. In addition, It’ll help you spot the hazards at that distance. Moreover, it gives you distances to the front and back of the green. And lastly, it comes fully loaded with over 41,000+ courses worldwide.
- Full color, 2-D display
- it is water-resistant and also comfortable to use
- In addition, they have a very accurate reading
- And likewise, Able to detect obstacles.
- They are fully loaded with 41,000+ courses worldwide
- Lastly, they are highly sophisticated
- This one is pretty expensive
In the world of golf rangefinders Bushnell is a trusted name. With the introduction of jolt technology, they bring a very high quality product in the Tour V4. Compared to other golf rangefinder, this is smaller and more advanced in almost every way.
- Has a Compact design
- It is water-resistant and also comfortable to use
- It confirms the target with the pin-seeker vibration technology
- And likewise, has a 2 years warranty
- Magnification is only 5x compared to newer models and other rangefinders with 6-7x.
- Because of it’s size, it can easily be misplaced if not handled properly
Which Type Of Golf Rangefinders Is Best For You?
Currently, there are two major types of golf rangefinder (Laser and GPS golf rangefinder). Despite how you choose to improve your game, a golf laser rangefinders is perhaps the most useful way. Although, these devices might not give you tips on how to improve your swing or anything close to that. But the information you get from this device will help you a lot. For more insight on Laser and GPS rangefinders, read my article on How to use a golf rangefinders.
Importance Of Golf Rangefinders on The Course
A golf rangefinder is important to every golfer because of the following reasons.
- It Will Boost Your Confidence
- Data Gathering and lastly,
- Speeding Up Play.
Having known what to look out for before buying a range finder as mentioned above. If you are planning to buy a golf range finder then it is also very important to avoid these mistakes.
- Buying of Unauthentic Brands
- Neglecting the Reviews
- Tournament Approved Golf Rangefinders and finally,
- Lack of Proper Research.
Hope you enjoyed reading?