RULES OF PLAYING GOLF GAME
The number one rule of golf is to play fair. Even on the back cover of the rule book it states to:
1) play the course as you find it
2) play the course as it lies and
3) if you can’t do either, do what is fair
Fairness is the most important key to golf. There will be occasions when playing golf that you would be tempted to cheat. Standing out in the woods and your ball is right behind a tree, the temptation to kick the ball over a few feet to get a better shot. Don’t do it! Golf is a game of fairness and conscience. The game will be more rewarding if you always play by the rules and play fair.
As a beginner in the game of golf, it’s always a good idea to read the local rules on the scorecard. These will give you guidelines that are specific to that course.
The official rules of golf in the US are governed by the United States Golf Association (USGA) some basic rules to keep in mind when playing golf are:
1. The golf ball must be played where it lies, unless there is a rule that allows you to move it.
2. The course of the golf can not be changed to gain an advantage, unless there is a rule that allows for a specific change.
3. Should your golf ball is in a water hazard or a bunker, your golf club cannot touch the ground or water prior to your actual swing. If it does, then you must take a penalty stroke.
4. If you accidentally or knowingly play the wrong golf ball (oops!), you get a two stroke penalty.
5. While on the green, you may mark and lift your ball to clean it or get it out of another golfer’s way.
6. When putting, the ball must not hit the flag. If the golf ball does hit the flag, it is a two stroke penalty.
7. If you loose the ball in a water hazard, you can drop the ball behind the hazard and in line with the golf hole. You must take a penalty stroke.
8. A player can take a penalty stroke and then replay the shot when you loose the ball out of bound.
9. At anytime if a player’s ball is unplayable, you may take a penalty stroke and then drop the golf ball behind where the ball was and in line with the hole or drop the golf ball within two club lengths.
10. You are only allowed a maximum of 14 clubs in your golf bag.
11. Golfers must tee off behind and between the tee markers but Never in front of the tee markers .
In conclusion to these rules of golf, golfers also need to adhere to the etiquette of golf. Fixing divots, not hitting into other players for safety, yelling “fore” if you do, being quiet while a golfer is hitting the ball, and playing at a good rate are just a few rules of the etiquette of golf that make the game more enjoyable for all.
BEST GOLF EQUIPMENT’S FOR BEGINNERS
- Callaway Strata Complete Golf Set : view on Amazon
- Titleist AVX : view on Amazon
- Callaway Men’s XR 16 Driver : view on Amazon
- EVNROLL Golf ER8 Tour Mallet Putter : view on Amazon
- FootJoy Pro/SL : view on Amazon
- Adidas Women’s W Adicross IV Golf Shoe : view on Amazon
- Intech Ti-Cabretta : view on Amazone