Last Updated on November 1, 2023 by Daniel
The Titleist Pro V1 golf ball is the newest generation of Titleist golf balls. This ball is a true distance ball that has a soft feel with a true spin rate. This ball is great for a variety of golfers, including intermediate golfers. The ball is designed to produce a higher ball flight with less spin. This is an ideal golf ball for someone who is looking for a ball that will have a great launch but doesn’t want to lose as much spin on the ball.
Table of Contents
TITLEIST PRO V1 Golf Ball Design, Materials, and Construction
- This Titleist Pro V1 is the most powerful model to date, delivering unparalleled ball speed and distance. New dimple technology and ball construction make it the most advanced and precise model available.
- Enhanced for the 2022 season, the Titleist Pro V1 features a new dimple pattern that helps the ball achieve more consistent distance and spin.
- Tungsten and polyurethane coverstocks deliver exceptional distance, feel, and softness. The combination of high-temperature vulcanized (HTV) polyurethane coverstock and the firmness of Tungsten also provides for a stronger feel and more consistent spin.
- Dual Soft Spheres (DSS) are strategically placed in the coverstock to provide a smooth feel on the face and better consistency during play.
- A new core is also used to ensure the ball performs and feels like the previous Pro V1 models.
- The 2022 Pro V1 delivers the best combination of distance, feel and spin of any Titleist golf ball.
The Technology Behind the Titleist Pro V1 2022 Golf Ball
- Newly reformulated core: 2.0 ZG Process Cores deliver increased distance in the solid core Pro V1 and dual-core Pro V1x.
- High-Flex Casing Layer for Faster Performance: Reduces long game spin and increases speed. Pro V1x Left Dash initially developed and validated this highly resilient, high-speed ionomer.
- A new, soft-cast urethane elastomer cover: A softcover formulation on the Pro V1 or Pro V1x gives you more control in the short game, increasing greenside spin.
- It has a new pattern of dimples: ProV1 and ProV1x have a sphere-tiled Tetrahedral Dimple Design with 388 dimples each to maximize distance and consistency. Compared with its predecessor, the Pro V1x maintains a penetrating trajectory while flying higher.
Benefits of the Titleist Pro V1 Golf Ball
- Longer distance and consistent flight
- High trajectory and low spin for a long game
- The Drop-and-StopTM short game controls have been improved
- Added softness
Titleist Pro V1 Golf Ball: Pros and Cons
|348 Tetrahedral Dimples Offer High and Consistent Flight||A bit pricey|
|A faster casing layer increases speed and reduces long game spin|
|The reformulated 2.0 ZG Process Dual Core increases the distance|
The Titleist® Pro V1® offers total performance, very low spin during long games, penetrating flight, Drop-and-StopTM greenside control, and a very soft feel.